During the academic year 2012–13, Wagner College logged an impressive amount of activity linking the College with the community to teach, learn, and help local partner organizations:
- 202 service-learning* courses taught
- 28 percent of total courses represented
- 100 percent of departments participated
- 72 percent of faculty taught service-learning courses
- 75 percent of students participated
* “Service learning” is a type of teaching in which classroom instruction and community service are integrated, to meet the needs of a community and to achieve educational goals for the students.