Noteworthy student accomplishments of the past year included:
- Pakinam Mekki ’14 won first place in the neurobiology/physiology, four-year-college category at the 46th Annual Meeting of the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists in fall 2013, for her poster presentation on research conducted during the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Summer Internship Program.
- Wagner students (mostly Bonner Leaders) participated in the city-wide Homeless Outreach Population Estimate (HOPE) in January 2014, speaking with more than a dozen people and persuading one to seek shelter.
- Katherine Liu ’14, a double major in music and childhood education, performed Samuel Barber’s Violin Concerto with the NTNU Symphony Orchestra in Taipei, Taiwan, in summer 2013.
- The all-female a cappella group Vocal Synergy won the 2014 Mid-Atlantic International Championship of Collegiate a Cappella Quarterfinals.
- Over the past three years, Wagner education students’ overall pass rates on teacher licensure exams well exceeds 90 percent.
- Receiving excellence awards for their research presentations at the 67th Annual Eastern Colleges Science Conference: Faiz Abed ’13 M’15, biology major; Eden Stark ’13 M’15, microbiology major; and Vincent Lombardo ’13, physics major.
- Presenting papers at the convention of the national history honor society Phi Alpha Theta in January 2014 were Patrick Bethel, “Those Who Never Retreated Before the Clash of Spears: The Irish Brigade during the [American] Civil War”; Julianne Tszuska, “Jacob Riis: How the Children Lived”; and Erin Pentz, “Czech New Wave Cinema and the Holocaust: The Shop on Main Street (1965).”