WHAT WE DO
Funds raised by the Chai Society Support:
- Four annual scholarships for Jewish students who are actively involved in Hillel and have made significant contributions to promoting Jewish life on Staten Island.
- Jewish programming for students and the community, including lectures, speaker series, and study sessions.
- A student Hillel at Wagner College.
- A Jewish Scholar-in-Residence and Programming Director at Wagner College.
- For-credit courses in Jewish studies that raise awareness of Jewish identity, theology, and philosophy.
- Credit-bearing partnerships with institutions in Israel, such as the Rothberg Institute at Hebrew University and the Kibbutzim College of Education.
ANNUAL SUPPORT OF THE CHAI SOCIETY
Donors to the Chai Society at Wagner College constitute a critical group of community leaders from Staten Island and the entire New York metropolitan area who are committed to enriching the lives of Jewish students. There are three levels of annual support: Charter, Sustaining, and Friend.
Charter Member: Those who annually give $1,800 or more to the Chai Society are recognized as Charter Members. In honor of their dedication and support, they receive the following benefits:
- Lunch with Wagner College's President and/or Provost
- All benefits of the Wagner College Inner Circle
- All benefits of Sustainers
- Chai Society pin
Sustaining Member: Sustaining supporters of the Chai Society make an annual contribution of $1,000. Benefits include:
- Invitations to Wagner College Chai Society Jewish programming and events
- Invitation to join the Chai Society Steering Committee
Friend: Become a Friend of the Chai Society by making an annual gift of $100 to $999. Your gift will support and build the scholarships and Jewish community programming at Wagner College. As a Friend of the Chai Society, you will be invited to Chai Society events.