The Accelerated MBA program curriculum consists of 46 credits. The program runs for three consecutive semesters and lasts 12 months, starting in May. Program graduates receive an MBA in Management with a strong International focus.
Throughout the program students remain together as a cohort group and take their courses in a prescribed sequence. The curriculum employs both traditional and leading-edge technologies in delivering management education. Methods of instruction include:
- Lectures and class discussions
- Case studies
- Advanced computer simulations
- Experiential exercises
The Accelerated MBA Program exposes students to all major business disciplines including Finance, Marketing, International Business and Economics. The Program focuses primarily on strengthening students’ analytical and problem-solving skills, managerial leadership and responsibility, and information-technology skills. In addition, effective Communication and Writing skills are stressed throughout the program. The program also includes practical work in an Action Learning Project, where students are placed in an organization and given a specific organizational problem or issue to resolve or address.
As part of their program, students will participate in a Global Competitive Business Study related to their studies in international business and the business/government relationship. This project is a one week program in the major business centers of one or two foreign countries. Since the inception of the Accelerated MBA Program, the project has taken place in Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, France, Belgium, and The Netherlands.
The Wagner Personalization
- Team Building - Before traditional coursework begins, all students in the program, the Program Director and some faculty teaching in the program will spend four days off campus working together doing team-building exercises and learning to work together cohesively while being introduced to the complete program.
- Director's Involvement - Students’ progress is constantly monitored and discussed with the Director of the program.
- Job Search – Wagner College places an emphasis on helping students find a job, as such the Career Development Center provides students with the tools that will assist them to find a job in their field of study following graduation.
The Accelerated MBA is an intensive full time program. Classes are held on three weekdays, from morning till late afternoon, with most classes meeting once a week for three hours. The two remaining weekdays are intended for students’ homework assignments and self/group studying.