Students who have entered the MBA in Finance program prior to the Fall 2009
semester should refer to the old MBA in Finance program structure.
TIER I: Initial Tier (18 credits, 6 courses)
BU 613 Statistics for Managers
BU 617 Economics for Managers
BU 619 Financial and Managerial Accounting
BU 624 Managerial Communications
BU 660 Business and Economic Forecasting for Managers
MG 619 Law and the Manager
TIER II: Major Tier (15 credits, choose 5 courses)
FI 620 Managerial Finance – (1) REQUIRED
FI 632 Investment Analysis – (1) REQUIRED
FI 637 Securities Laws and Regulations
FI 638 Portfolio Theory and Management
FI 639 Management of Financial Institutions
FI 640 Money and Capital Markets
FI 641 Financial Statement Theory and Analysis
FI/IB 604 International Banking
FI/IB 605 Seminar in International Business
FI/IB 607 International Corporate Finance
IB 531 Global Perspectives in Business
TIER III: (2)Final/Capstone Tier (9 credits, 3 courses)
BU 652 Strategic Management
BU 662 Managing Organizational Change
BU 669 Strategic Leadership
- Elective course (3 credits).
This course can be chosen from any area of major or from the General Business Elective courses.
- International course (3).
This course can be taken as part of Tier II or General Business Elective courses.
TOTAL CREDITS TOWARD DEGREE : 45
(1) BU 620 Managerial Finance is a prerequisite for all finance courses; MUST be taken BEFORE all other Finance courses. FI 632 Investment Analysis is a required course for all Finance major students, however it is not a prerequisite for the other Finance courses.
(2) Final tier courses may only be taken after completion of all core curriculum courses.
(3) International Requirement of 3 credits is included in the total 45 credits.