Frequently Asked Questions

When are tuition bills due?

Please refer to the due date on your latest statement in Student Account Center, but generally, the following is true:
Freshman Fall semester bills are due in mid-July.
Upperclass Fall semester bills are due in early August.
Spring semester bills are due in early January (all students).
Summer term bills are due on the first day of the session.

I haven't received a bill, what should I do?

The only time paper invoices are sent via mail is the first invoice to incoming freshmen. All subsequent billing is via Student Account Center. Log in to myWagner and access Student Account Center via the billing tab. For questions on your account, please contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email

Why doesn't my bill show all of my financial aid?

Student Account Center should reflect real-time access to your student account, including charges, payments and financial aid. If your financial aid does not appear to be correct, please call the Office of Financial Aid at 718-390-3183.

What is the cost of attendance?

Tuition and fees are charged per unit for Undergraduate students and per credit for graduate students. View the current rates on our Tuition and fees web page.

What happens if I don't pay my bill?

If a balance remains on your account when the semester begins, you may be prevented from moving into the dorms and/or attending class. A 1.5% late payment fee will be assessed on the last business day of the month on any unpaid balance. A business office hold will be placed on your account which will prevent future registration and the receipt of transcripts & diplomas. Your account may also be referred to a collection agency. If this action occurs, you will be assessed additional charges (collection contingency fees). You can avoid a late payment fee by paying your account balance in full by the due date.  If you believe you were charged a late fee in error, you may submit an appeal form. The Bursar will review your request for the appeal and will notify you of the outcome.

How can I make a payment?

Online - - electronic payment from a bank account or credit card (a fee applies for credit card payments)
Via Mail - Wagner College - One Campus Road, Staten Island, NY 10301
To enroll in the payment plan, please do so via or call 800-348-0694.

Which methods of payment are accepted?

  • Cash submitted at cashier window. Do not mail cash.
  • Money order, bank check or cashiers check mailed or submitted in person.
  • Personal check mailed or submitted in person (Wagner reserves the right to refuse personal checks from any student who has bounced a check previously or for late payments).
  • Online electronic payment from your bank account or credit card – (second option – “Make A Payment”). Please note that a fee applies for credit card payments
  • For international students, please use Flywire to make wire transfer payments from a non-US bank account

How can I contact the Business Office?

The Business office is located on the 1st floor of Cunard Hall. The cashier window is open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Via telephone - 718-390-3112
Via email - 

A third party will make payment of my tuition bill. What do I do?

Provide the Bursar Office with authorization to bill the third party prior to the due date of your invoice.  You will be responsible for any portion of your invoice not paid by the 3rd party. 

How do I request a refund of the credit balance on my account?

Contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email Refund checks are usually available 1 week after the request is made. All checks are mailed unless otherwise instructed. 

I have a Business Office hold on my account. How do I get it removed?

If your hold is due to an account balance, you can make a payment via Student Account Center or at  After making your payment you should contact our office at 718-390-3112 to have the hold removed. If you believe the account hold is an error, please call 718-390-3112 for immediate assistance (or email For other holds, please contact the respective office. 

What is the refund policy?

Please refer to our Refund Policy page

What is the Health & Wellness Fee and can it be waived?

This fee is charged each semester that you are enrolled as a full-time student and cannot be waived. It covers unlimited access to the Center for Health and Wellness services, as well as most over the counter medications and immunizations.   Also included is the Wellness Access Plan which provides a supplement to a student’s primary health care coverage.   If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Center at (718)390-3158 or

What is the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan, and can it be waived?

Wagner College has arranged for students' tuition, room & board and fees to be optionally insured by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. This annual fee is charged to all full-time undergraduate students during the fall semester. If a student wishes to opt out of coverage, they must waive coverage via email ( by the first day of the fall semester. More information may be obtained at or by calling Jo Ann Esposito, plan administrator- at 718-390-3113. 

How can I get a letter stating I am enrolled at Wagner College?

Please visit the Registrar's Office forms page

How can I change my meal plan?

Please contact Dining Services for meal plan options. 

When are 1098T's sent?

The 1098T tax information is made available in myWagner for viewing and printing by the end of January. 

What is reported on the 1098T?

For the 2017 year, Wagner College reports the amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses in Box 2. We also report scholarships and grants received in Box 5.  Payments are not reported on this tax form. Please refer to Student Account Center or e-bills for payment verification. For questions about how to use this form in preparing your tax returns, please consult with your tax adviser or refer to IRS Publication 970 (Tax Benefits for Education). For the 2018 year, Wagner will change the reporting to Box 1 (payments) instead of Box 2 (charges).

How can I request a 1098T form?

Students must access this form via myWagner. If you are no longer enrolled and do not have access to myWagner, contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email