1. When are tuition bills due?
Please review the due date on your invoice, but generally, the following is true:
Freshman Fall semester bills are due in July.
Upperclass Fall semester bills are due August 1.
Spring semester bills are due in early January.
Summer term bills are due on the first day of the session.
2. I haven't received a bill, what should I do?
Bills are sent as ebills to your Wagner email address on a monthly basis.
For a printed statement, please contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email email@example.com.
3. Why doesn't my bill show all of my financial aid or the payment I recently made?
The Bursar office bills around the first day of each month for any balance or any new account activity from the previous month. If you make a payment, incur any new charges or if financial aid changes after the monthly bill is processed, these will appear on your next billing statement. If your financial aid still does not appear, please call the Office of Financial Aid at 718-390-3183.
4. What is the cost of attendance?
Tuition and fees are charged per unit for Undergraduate students and per credit for graduate students. View the current rates on our Tuition and fees web page.
5. What happens if I don't pay my bill?
If a balance remains on your account when the semester begins, you may be prevented from moving into the dorms and/or attending class. A 1.5% late payment fee will be assessed on the last business day of the month on any unpaid balance. A business office hold will be placed on your account which will prevent future registration, receipt of transcripts & diplomas and prohibit dorm selection. Your account may also be referred to a collection agency. If this action occurs, you will be assessed additional collection costs. You can avoid a late payment fee by paying your account balance in full by the due date. If you believe you were charged a late fee in error, you may submit an appeal form. The Bursar will review your request for the appeal and will notify you of the outcome.
6. How can I make a payment?
Online - www.afford.com/wagner (electronic payment from bank account only. No credit cards accepted.)
Via Mail - Wagner College - One Campus Road, Staten Island, NY 10301
To enroll in the payment plan, please do so via our TMS website or call 800-722-4867.
7. Which methods of payment are accepted?
- Cash submitted at cashier window. Do not mail cash.
- Money order, bank check or cashiers check mailed or submitted in person.
- Personal check mailed or submitted in person (Wagner reserves the right to refuse personal checks from any student who has bounced a check previously or for late payments).
- Online electronic payment from your bank account – www.afford.com/wagner (second option – “Make A Payment”). Please note that credit cards are not accepted online or at the cashier window.
- For international students, please use PeerTransfer to make wire transfer payments from a non-US bank account
8.How can I contact the Business Office?
The Business office is located on the 1st floor of Cunard Hall. The cashier window is open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Via telephone - 718-390-3112
Via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
9. I just received my bill and I'm on the payment plan. What do I do?
You will still receive a bill even if on the payment plan. This is to make you aware of any changes that affect your balance. If your TMS account is canceled or delinquent, this may result in a business office hold. In addition, please check your bill to make sure we have credited you for the amount of your plan for the current semester. If you still owe a balance, your plan needs to be increased.
10. A third party will make payment of my tuition bill. What do I do?
Provide the Bursar Office with authorization to bill the third party prior to the due date of your invoice. You will be responsible for any uncovered portion of your invoice not paid by the 3rd party.
11. How can I contact other offices at Wagner College?
Admissions - 718-390-3411
Box Office - 718-390-3259
Dining Services - 718-390-3246
Financial aid - 718-390-3183 - email@example.com
Health Services - 718-390-3158
Public Safety - 718-390-3165
Registrar Dept - 718-390-3173 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Residence Ed. - 718-390-3420
12. How do I request a refund?
Contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email email@example.com. Refund checks are usually available 1 week after the request is made. All checks are mailed unless otherwise instructed.
13. I have a Business Office hold on my account. How do I get it removed?
If your hold is due to an account balance, you can make a payment via our website. After making your payment you should contact our office at 718-390-3112 to have the hold removed.
If you believe the account hold is an error, please call 718-390-3112 for immediate assistance. For other holds, please contact the respective office.
14. What is the refund policy?
The following policy is for the Fall & Spring semesters only. For the Summer semester refund policy, please refer to the summer bulletin or call 718-390-3112. For students who withdraw from the College, the percentage(%) of charges refunded will be as follows:
80% if withdrawal is within the first week of classes.
60% if withdrawal is within two weeks.
40% if withdrawal is within three weeks
20% if withdrawal is within four weeks, and no refund thereafter.
Please note that financial aid awards are pro-rated on a different refund schedule. Please contact Financial aid for further information.
15. What is the Health & Wellness Fee and can it be waived?
This fee is charged each semester that you are enrolled as a full-time student and cannot be waived. It covers unlimited access to the Center for Health and Wellness services, as well as most over the counter medications and immunizations. Also included is the Wellness Access Plan which provides a supplement to a student’s primary health care coverage. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Center at (718)390-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. What is the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan, and can it be waived?
Wagner College has arranged for students' tuition, room & board and fees to be optionally insured by A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. This fee is charged to all full-time undergraduate students. If a student wishes to opt out of coverage, then a signed waiver must be submitted before the start of the semester. More information may be obtained at www.tuitionrefundplan.com. or by calling Jo Ann Panzella, plan administrator- at 718-390-3113.
17. How can I get a letter stating I am enrolled at Wagner College?
Contact the Registrar's office at 708-390-3173 for a letter of enrollment.
18. How can I change my meal plan?
Contact Dining Services at 718-390-3246.
19. When are 1098T's sent?
The 1098T tax information, is mailed at the end of January to the permanent address on file.
20. What is reported on the 1098T?
Wagner College reports the amounts billed for qualified tuition and related expenses in Box 2. We also report scholarships and grants received in Box 5.
Note: Payments are not reported on this tax form. Please retain monthly statements for payment verification.
21. How can I request a duplicate 1098T form?
Contact the Business Office at 718-390-3112 or email email@example.com.