If you are producing a video for the College, be sure to follow our style guide so that your video aligns with our brand:
- Title headings should use Archivo Narrow in ALL CAPS; subheads should use EB Garamond in Sentence Caps.
- If you write the name of a student or alumnus, include the year of graduation (eg, "Megan Irving '16").
- Our primary colors are green (#004331) and gold (#A68C41).
- Secondary colors are maroon (#663333), navy (#023D61), and brown (#563019).
- Of course, you can also use blacks and whites.
- Instead of a bulky color block behind text, we prefer text with a light shadow drop and contrasting colors to distinguish it from your video content.
- Do not include any watermark on the video. The Wagner "W" will be automatically included via our YouTube channel.
- Use the full Wagner College logo at the end, on a white background (other options here). Make sure this logo is high res. You may use a specialized logo if your video is for a specific department. Contact the Office of Communications and Marketing if you need a specialized logo.
General style & content:
- For promotional-type videos, keep the length to under three minutes, and be sure to catch the viewer's attention in the first 5-10 seconds. Don't waste those first seconds with title text. Get into the story to hook the viewer.
- Don't go crazy with transitions. Stick to one style and use that throughout. A simple cut is preferred.
- If you include music, make sure you have copyright permission. You can't just take your favorite tune and throw it in your video. Sites like Free Music Archive, YouTube Audio Library, Incompetech, and Audio Jungle are good resources.
- Send your HD video file (minimum 1280 x 720; ideally 1920 x 1080 or higher with H.264 codec) to email@example.com, and we'll upload to our YouTube channel. Please include any relevant title, description, and tags.
- We will love you forever if you include a transcript with your video.
Questions? Please contact Jonathan Harkel.