Achieving major career goals is challenging and time consuming. But, the road to success is easier when an experienced guide provides a roadmap and keeps you on track. If your goal is HR certification, we’ll lead you to success. Our instructors focus on critical exam content, and our structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Thousands of HR professionals have earned their PHR or SPHR certification by using the SHRM Learning System, the #1 ranked certification prep tool. Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement and you can earn 3.5 continuing education credits (CEUs) for completing this course.
The 2014 SHRM LS Prep program is filled with new features, including innovative SmartStudy tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam. Follow these steps to success:
- ASSESS: Take our assessments to determine your current knowledge and gaps, with the results weighted against tested areas on the certification exam (PHR or SPHR).
- STUDY: Use assessment results to identify your learning priorities, create your personal study plan, estimate study time and apply learned knowledge.
- PASS: Complete the post-test and use other testing preparation tools to validate your learning and refine your study plan as you prepare to pass the exam.
The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
• Strategic role of HR in organizations
• HR business management skills
• Strategic planning process
• Evaluating the internal/external environment
• HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
• Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
• Organizational staffing requirements
• Job analysis and documentation
• Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
• Organizational development initiatives
• Adult learning and motivation
• Training and development
• Talent and performance management
• Compensation structure and systems
• Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
• Compensation and benefits legislation
• Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
• Employee and labor relations legislation
• Union organizing and collective bargaining
• Unfair labor practices
• Discipline and complaint resolution
• Organizational risk
• Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
• Risk management legislation
May 1 - May 10
Saturdays, 9am - 4pm
No classes March 8, March 22, April 5, April 19 and May 3
Tuition: $1399 (Non-SHRM Member)
$1299 (SHRM Member)
SHRM PHR and SPHR Certification Details
To earn either the PHR or SPHR designation, candidates must have at least two years of exempt-level experience in the HR field. The test is now offered exclusively online. Visit www.hrci.org, call HRCI at 800-283-7476, or e-mail email@example.com for information about the PHR or SPHR exams.
For Exam Schedule and Application deadlines, go to www.hrci.org/certification