- Retain photocopies of all forms and documents you submit to government agencies or Wagner College and keep them in a cumulative financial aid file.
- Always include the student’s name and Wagner College ID number on all correspondence.
- Be sure all forms are complete before you submit them.
- Read and respond immediately to all correspondence pertaining to your financial aid.
- Call or visit the Office of Financial Aid with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Always get the name of the person you speak to at Wagner or outside agencies.
- Keep the Office of Financial Aid informed of any changes to your family’s financial situation.
- Notify Financial Aid of any scholarships/grants received by outside sources.
- Loan borrowers must notify Financial Aid, lenders, and guarantee agencies of changes in name, address, telephone number or enrollment status.
- Financial aid programs are constantly changing. Keep in touch with your Office of Financial Aid to stay informed.
Common FAFSA errors
- Failing to sign your FAFSA using your PIN or not submitting your signature page.
- Failing to have your parent sign your FAFSA using his/her PIN or not submitting the signature page.
- Females skip the question “Are you male?”. Skipping this question results in a Selective Service flag that must be resolved.
- Entering parents’ income information under the student’s section.
- Entering the student’s income information under the parents’ section.
- Submitting incorrect income/tax information.
For specific Financial Aid questions, use the links back to Wagner’s Financial Aid section on the left, or call the office at 718.390.3183