To ensure that students' timesheets are processed each month, some key points must be followed:
- Timely submission of timesheets is the supervisor's responsibility! Timesheets must be submitted by 4 pm on the first working day of the next month. Late timesheets will not be processed until the next pay period.
- If a supervisor would like to have a person designated as a secondary signature should he/she not be available, please forward the name of the secondary signee to the Office of Financial Aid.
- All changes/corrections on the timesheet must be initialed by the supervisor.
- Supervisors must keep a copy of the signed timesheet on record.
- Students may work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and up to 28 hours per week during breaks.
- All students must take a 1/2 hour mandatory unpaid meal break per NYS law after working 6 hours. All breaks must be clearly reflected on the timesheet.
- Hours missed may only be made up if the student does not exceed the maximum 20 hours per week.
- You should be using the submitted timesheet information track your expenditures each month. You are responsible for monitoring your employment budget.