Life Experience Credits
Student veterans qualify for priority registration at Wagner. Providing a student's registration is free of any holds which prevent registration, student veterans are able to register the first week of pre-registration with seniors. For additional information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 718-390-3173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal Policy for Students Called To Active Duty
The Wagner College Community recognizes the sacrifices that those in the Armed Forces make while serving our country. We are proud of these individuals and have therefore adopted the following policy to deal with currently enrolled Wagner College students that are called to active military duty.
- Upon presentation of official orders, the student will be withdrawn from his/her courses for the given semester and a grade of 'W' will be recorded on his/her academic record.
- The student is eligible for a full tuition refund, or can choose to have the monies held on account to be used at a later date.
- In the case of a resident student, room and board charges will be pro-rated based on the period in the semester when the student is required to leave and the remaining amount will be refunded, or held on account based on the student's request.
Re-admission Policy for Students Called to Active Duty
In compliance with the Higher Education Act of 2008, Wagner College will readmit an individual who left school because of service performed with the US Armed Forces.
Service includes voluntary or involuntary service as a member of the National Guard or Reserve, on active duty, active duty for training, or full-time National Guard duty under Federal authority (not state authority), for a period of more than 30 consecutive days under a call or order to active duty of more than 30 consecutive days. Cumulative length of absence including previous absences for military service time must not exceed five years.
Notice of Intent to Re-enroll
Oral or written intent to re-enroll must be provided to the Wagner College Office of Admissions within three years after the completion of your service period or no later than 2 years after your recovery if you are recovering from a service-related injury or illness. A service member whose notification occurs outside of these timelines will be subject to Wagner’s general re-admission standards.
Documents that may be used for this purpose include:
- DD (Department of Defense) 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
- Copy of duty orders prepared by the facility where the orders were fulfilled carrying an endorsement indicating completion of the described service.
- Letter from the commanding officer of a Personnel Support Activity or someone of comparable authority.
- Certificate of completion from military training school.
- Discharge certificate showing character of service.
- Copy of extracts from payroll documents showing periods of service.
- Letter from National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) Team Leader or Administrative Officer verifying dates and times of NDMS training or Federal activation.
A service member will be readmitted into the next semester and within the same program unless the student chooses to enroll at a later date or program. In addition, a student will be re-admitted with the same enrollment status, number of credits completed and academic progress as when last in attendance.
If a student is not to resume the program where he or she left off, Wagner must make reasonable efforts to enable the student to resume and complete the program at no additional cost.
Tuition and fees will be assessed at the rate established when the student was last in attendance for the first year after re-admission. Should a student’s veterans educational benefits cover the difference between the previous costs and current tuition and fees, the student may be charged the fees at the current rate.
Additional information about re-admission for students who left school for military service may be found here.