Wagner College is legally required to make deductions for F.I.C.A., Federal, NY State and NY City taxes, as well as other mandatory deductions such as garnishments, family court and tax levies. By agreement with each labor union, union dues are also automatically deducted. Contributions for health care coverage and life insurance, tax-deferred annuities and other programs must be authorized by the employee. The check stub itemizes all deductions for each pay period.
Below is a listing of codes found on Wagner College paycheck stubs and the deduction for which they apply
- ADV - Payroll Advance
- BOND - Savings Bonds
- BRDE - Board of Pensions
- CWNM - City Withholding Non-Resident Married
- CWNS - City Withholding Non-Resident Single
- CWRM - City Withholding Resident Married
- CWRS - City Withholding Resident Single
- DISB - Third Party Sick Pay
- DADJ - Dues adjustment
- DFSA - Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- DUES - Union Dues
- HFSA - Health Flexible Spending Account
- FICE - FICA Employee Contribution
- FITM - Federal Withholding Married
- FITS - Federal Withholding Single
- GARN - Garnishes
- GIFT - Gift through Payroll
- HOUS - Housing Allowance
- MEDE - Medicare Employee Contribution
- MOA - Mutual of America Supplemental Retirement Annuity
- PENE - Pension Non-elective Employee Contribution
- PEN1 - Pension Elective Employee Contribution
- SRA - Supplemental Retirement Annuity – TIAA-CEF
- STWM - State Withholding Married
- STWS - State Withholding Single
- USEF - Aetna/US Healthcare Employee Family
- USES - Aetna/US Healthcare Employee Single
All nonexempt personnel are required to fill out time sheets. Time sheets are prepared on a weekly basis and must be signed by the employee and the department head. Time sheets must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources no later than10:00 A.M. on the Monday following the conclusion of the workweek. In the event said Monday is a holiday, time sheets are due on the last working day before the holiday.
It is essential that time sheets accurately reflect the hours and days worked. Time sheets are necessary for accurate payroll and accrued time benefits. The reason for any deviation from the regularly scheduled hours of employment should be provided on the designated section of the time sheet.
Payroll checks will not be distributed to any individual who has not submitted his/her time sheet to the Office of Human Resources.
Falsification of time sheets will result in disciplinary action. The use of signature stamps is prohibited.
If you are an exempt employee, you are not required to sign in and out, or keep time sheets; however, business trips, vacation, sick and personal days should be recorded by your immediate supervisor.