Title: Assistant Director of Co-Curricular Programs
Department: Co-Curricular Programs
Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Director of Co-Curricular Programs
The Assistant Director of Co-Curricular Programs provides programs and activities that stimulate and enhance the educational development of the student experience. This position reports to the Director of the Office of Co-Curricular Programs. Functional areas of responsibility include Orientation, Homecoming/Family Weekend, advising the Wagner College Programming Board, programming for Graduate and Commuter students, and divisional marketing and assessment. This position has a flexible schedule (to be determined with supervisor), and requires some evening and weekend hours as needed to support campus-wide programs and events.
- Educate students in skill acquisition areas such as event planning, student organization leadership, and self-governance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of campus-wide programs and events and teach students the steps and strategies for developing and implementing these initiatives.
- Coordinate, organize, and implement the New and Transfer Student Orientation.
- Create services to meet the needs of the College’s commuter student population including management of the commuter lounge, locker rental service, and managing the development of commuter student leadership roles.
- Oversee the management of and programming schedule for the student-staffed Coffeehouse
- Serve as a committee member of the College’s Homecoming/Family Weekend.
- Develop, implement and assess comprehensive leadership curricula for ongoing student organization leader training. Create and provide instruction for a series of need-based training focused on target areas of student leadership
- Work with Director on development and assessment of educational priorities, learning goals, and outcomes with leadership curriculum.
- Establish and maintain open and consistent lines of communication with campus offices including Residential Education, Athletics, the Dean’s Office, the Center for Intercultural Advancement, the Center for Academic and Career Engagement, Alumni Relations, and Lifelong Learning.
- Coordinate join marketing efforts between Division of Campus Life departments and conduct assessment for events and programs within divisional offices.
- Act as a liaison with the faculty, college offices, and external community through attendance at college and community functions and committees as needed.
- Supervision of Graduate Assistant in Co-Curricular Programs
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Work within the college environment directly working with students in a supervisory and/or advisory role. Experience with a Campus Activities Department, Orientation Coordination, Fraternity and Sorority Life, a Residence Life Department, or an Office of Diversity or Multicultural Affairs is desired.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, e-mail and web application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
Marjorie.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Assistant Director of Co-Curricular Programs"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.