POSITION: Donor Relations Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Office of Institutional Advancement
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Director of Major Gifts and Director of Planned Giving and College Relations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Donor Relations Coordinator is instrumental in the cultivation and stewardship of Major Gift donors as the administrative lead on all follow up, communications, and other donor interactions. The Donor Relations Coordinator assists in ensuring that the donor experience at Wagner is positive, on campus and off.
The Donor Relations Coordinator will track scholarship funding including generating stewardship reports for donors and updates for staff. The position will serve as a liaison to affinity groups raising funds for the college including the Chai Society and Heritage Society and will provide support for Institutional Advancement events and activities.
The Donor Relations Coordinator supports the Major Gifts team including the Director of Planned Giving and College Relations, Director of Major Gifts and the Senior Major Gifts Officer. The Coordinator will support all aspects of the team’s efforts to secure large donations from alumni and external sources including, but not limited to, scheduling donor appointments and preparing materials to procure and steward donations.
- Track all aspects of scholarship and award funding. Ensure all information about scholarship and award donors, funds and recipients is current in the Raiser’s Edge database. Work with appropriate departments to ensure installments are secured in a timely manner.
- Prepare documents to support Major Gifts team’s stewardship of scholarship donors including generating letters to donors on the selection of scholarship recipients and fund updates.
- Support the activities of the Director of Planned Giving and College Relations, Director of Major Gifts and Senior Major Gifts Officer. Schedule appointments with donors, prepare donor materials for gift officers, generate reports from Raiser’s Edge and prepare gift agreements and assist in organizing and executing major donor and affinity group events.
- Serve as administrative staff liaison to various affinity groups engaged in fundraising for Wagner College including the Chai Society and Heritage Society. Communicate with committee members, organize and take minutes for meetings and assist with society events including, but not limited to, lectures and fundraising events (e.g., Chai Mitzvah Dinner, Heritage Society seminars).
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and reports for corporate, foundation and government funders; track campus wide grants for Board report.
- Manage administrative functions for the Major Gifts team including processing purchase orders, arranging transportation and travel for staff and communicate with other departments on campus as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Major Gifts and Director of Planned Giving with tracking of budget expenses.
- Coordinate logistics for the Advancement Committee meeting, (i.e. book venue, order food, send email notices, prepare packets for meeting, take attendance, take minutes and transcribe, distribute to committee with attachments.)
- Other duties as assigned including working occasional nights and weekends.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Minimum of 3 years of non-profit administrative office experience, higher education experience preferred
- High School Diploma, associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
Desired Work Traits:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud NetCommunity a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication skills
- Able to interact productively with various constituencies
- Position may require occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
To apply, send letter, resume and salary requirement to:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
email@example.com with the subject line "Donor Relations Coordinator"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately for an immediate start date.
Wagner College is an Equal Opportunity Employer