The Department of Information Technology seeks candidates for Director of Infrastructure and Systems. The Director of Infrastructure and Systems is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the College networking and systems environment. The incumbent will work closely with all IT divisions to insure best practices are implemented and data security policies are enforced. The Director will also lead the development and network staff to develop and implement applications and automation to achieve College-wide strategic initiatives.
- Manage, operate and oversee the College's overall networking and wireless infrastructure including the daily operations of network traffic, routing, infrastructure wiring, student residential network connections, overall computer security and telecommunications
- Work with the CIO and management to develop 1 year, 3 year and 5 year action plans for upgrading, expanding, and/or re-designing current and proposed infrastructure, hardware and communications systems to meet the College's current and future networking requirements
- Prepare and keep current documentation on all managed systems, including disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Install new/ rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Ensure security best practices are implemented and revised, as needed, to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of the information stored on and accessed through the network (e.g. firewalls, ACLs, file rights, backup systems, account management, vulnerability testing, etc.)
- Responsible for creating, recommending and documenting network policies and procedures and establishing and administering daily system maintenance procedures for the network equipment
- Provide appropriate training regarding the network infrastructure, maintenance and essential procedures for new and continuing staff members
- Ensure network, computer security and data policies are enforced
Work Experience: 5-7 yrs system administration experience; 5-7 yrs supervisory experience; 3-5 yrs enterprise level network management experience; 2-3 yrs experience in managing enterprise level computer security.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Certifications: Network+, MCSA, RHCT required, RHCE preferred
Computer Skills: Linux, Windows, Active Directory, VMWare, Shibboleth, LDAP, DNS, DHCP
Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: 24/7 on-call; some night and weekend work required; some heavy lifting
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301