POSITION: Academic Coordinator I, Associated Professor
DEPARTMENT: Physician Assistant Program
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time (32 hours per week with the PA Program, minimum of 8 hours per week for Clinical Practice or Research)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the PA Program Director
Coordinates the Didactic Phase (Professional Year I) of the PA Program, provides instruction and analysis performance of students and overall outcomes for the Didactic Phase.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Didactic Phase of the PA Program.
- Schedules lectures for didactic courses of the Program, coordinating the distribution of corresponding lecture material.
- Prepares course syllabi and learning objectives for all courses in the Didactic Phase of the curriculum.
- Prepares and/or reviews exams, collaborating with faculty in test construction.
- Provides analysis of student performance, item performance and overall test construction.
- Responsible for teaching, coordinating, instruction of three courses per semester.
- Monitors student progress, meets with students and assures appropriate intervention when required.
- Analyzes didactic curriculum outcomes for review by the Program Director.
- Provides analysis of student evaluations for review by Program Director.
- Participates in clinical site visits, as assigned.
- Serves as advisor for research groups.
- Attends and participates in all faculty and PA committee meetings, campus and program events.
- Serves as Chair of a Committee, developing agenda, preparing minutes, and providing outcome report.
- Contributes to ongoing self-study process and formal report to accrediting body.
- Participates as leader in experiential learning activities (Medical Educational & Mission Trips).
- Attends professional conferences, representing the PA Program and the College.
Special Considerations: 1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research; Available weekends for Campus Events (e.g. Campus Visit Day); Available evenings for program events (e.g. Research Forums)
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum 5 years clinical experience; Minimum 5 years teaching experience
Education Qualifications: Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited PA Program;Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH)
Certifications: NCCPA Certification
Licenses: New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Ann Ayers, Assistant to the PA Director & Coordinator of Global Outreach
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Academic Coordinator I, Associated Professor"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.