POSITION: Clinical Coordinator I, Associated Professor
DEPARTMENT: Physician Assistant Program
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time (32 hours per week with the PA Program, minimum of 8 hours per week for Clinical Practice or Research)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: PA Program Director
Participates in the coordination of the Clinical Phase (Professional Year II) of the PA Program, provides instruction and analyzes performance of students and overall outcomes for the Clinical Phase.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Clinical Phase of the PA Program.
- Maintains the schedule of supervised clinical experiences, coordinating the distribution of students for appropriateness of clinical experiences.
- Prepares the course syllabi and learning objectives for all courses in the Clinical Phase of the curriculum.
- Prepares and reviews exams, collaborating with faculty in test construction. Performs analysis of item performance and overall test construction.
- Provides analysis of supervised clinical experiences for appropriateness of settings, patient demographics types of patient interactions and diagnoses.
- Responsible for teaching/coordinating/instructing three courses per semester.
- Monitors student progress, meets with students and assures appropriate intervention when required.
- Analyzes clinical curriculum outcomes for review by the Program Director.
- Provides analysis of student evaluations for review by Program Director.
- Participates in clinical site visits (minimum of 1 site visit per week).
- Serves as an advisor for a research group.
- Attends and participates in all faculty meetings, PA committee meetings.
- Serves as a Chair of a Committee, developing agenda, preparing minutes, and report of outcomes.
- Contributes to ongoing self-study process and formal report to accrediting body.
- Serves as leader for experiential learning events (medical educational and /or medical mission trips).
- Attends professional conferences, representing the PA Program and the College
Special Considerations: 1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research; Available weekends for Campus Events (e.g. Campus Visit Day); Available evenings for program events (e.g. Research Forums)
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum 5 years clinical experience; Minimum 5 years teaching experience
Education Qualifications: Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited PA Program; Master of Science degree
Certifications: NCCPA Certification
Licenses: New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Ann Ayers, Assistant to the PA Director & Coordinator of Global Outreach
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Clinical Coordinator I"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.