Title: Senior Desk Attendant
Department: Residential Education
Employment Status: Permanent, Full-Time Position (40-hr week)
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Assistant Director of Residential Education
Job Purpose: To ensure the safety of our resident students, by carrying out a validation policy of those who desire entrance, and provide first line customer service in one of our residence hall.
- Provide security for a collegiate residential setting
- Provide customer services to students and visitors to Wagner College
- Serve as a Residence Hall receptionist; answer telephones and take messages; respond to telephone inquires and in-person inquiries.
- Contact the on-call Resident Assistant or appropriate Residential Education personnel or Public Safety during times of policy violations and any emergency situations.
- Document all incidents and policy violations that occur while on duty.
- Check IDs of each person entering the residence halls. Enforce and implement guest policy by signing in guests and distributing guest passes.
- Maintain desk resources including desk binders, campus roster, and campus directory.
Non-Essential Functions: N/A
Work Experience: prior experience working in a security or receptionist environment.
Education: High School Diploma, GED or comparable education.
Desired Work Traits:
- Willing to work overnight shifts 7 hours at a time.
- Able to respond to crisis appropriately.
- Able to multi task and to work autonomously.
Computer Skills: N/A
- Possess effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Works well with college student.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, the shifts run from midnight until 7:00 AM.
- During the summer break period, the shifts run from either 5:00 PM- midnight or from midnight - 7:00 AM.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To Apply Please Contact:
One Campus Road
Staten Island NY, 10301