Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Department: Campus Operations - Maintenance
Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT
Organizational Relationship: Reports to working Maintenance Foreman
Job Purpose: To perform basic skilled and/or semi skilled work in the repair and maintenance of Wagner buildings and all campus related facilities.
- Perform general and various construction or repair work involving knowledge of several maintenance areas such as general maintenance, carpentry, painting and masonry.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving electrical, plumbing, roof repair, painting, carpentry and flooring at buildings and campus facilities.
- Use and maintain the more common hand and power tools of the trade.
- Frequently lift and move heavy or large objects.
- Construct, install and repair a variety of building supports, fixtures or accessories.
- Communicate with the Foreman and assistant concerning materials and tools needed to complete work orders.
- Sign off on completed work orders.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Prior maintenance or related field work preferred.
- Excellent Carpentry skills preferred.
- Knowledge of building crafts and facility maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, electrical and plumbing methods, tools, equipment and materials.
- Basic knowledge of techniques used in painting, carpentry, roofing and floor maintenance.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision or instruction.
- Ability to prioritize projects or requested work orders.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
Desired Work Traits:
- Strong initiative with the ability to work with limited direct supervision.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be available to work overtime when needed for important events. (Such as: an Open House, Homecoming, Commencement, and Athletic events important to the Wagner community). These dates are almost always posted on a calendar of events in advance.
- Good telephone skills for interacting with outside vendors and ordering materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various campus constituencies.
- The incumbent employee shall be included in the Local 3 bargaining unit and shall be an employee subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Local 2 and Wagner College.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability to wear and work with appropriate safety masks and required protective equipment.
- Some conditions may require the ability to be exposed to a variety of temperatures, dust, dirt and noise from equipment.
- Some conditions may require the ability to climb, lift or move heavy and large objects.
- See attached physical assessment form.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Maintenance Mechanic". No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College is an Equal Opportunity Employer