JOB PURPOSE: The Shuttle/Van Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of customers in passenger shuttles or vans. Shuttle/Van Drivers must provide a superior customer service experience for each passenger. In this visible role, it is important that the Shuttle Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
- Welcomes each customer with a smile. Facilitates their access to and use of the vehicle by assisting passengers in boarding and exiting the van.
- Treats all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Operates passenger vans/shuttles safely and efficiently, obeying traffic laws.
- Follows scheduled routes and schedules or responds to requests from supervisor for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Reports accidents, safety situations, vehicle condition, or damage to the Supervisor.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior lighting, air conditioning or heating, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, etc. prior to driving the shuttle/van
- Ensures that both inside and outside of the vehicle are properly cleaned.
- Responsible for keeping van or shuttle fueled.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral); ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner. .
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a good driving history.
- Problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to sit for prolonged period of time.
- Able to work weekend and evening shifts.
Ed Moss, Director of Public Safety
One Campus Road, Staten Island, NY 10301