The charge of the Diversity Action Council is as follows:
1. Advise and report to the Provost on issues related to diversity; more specifically to:
- Identify ways to strengthen relationships with diverse communities outside Wagner College;
- Suggest activities throughout the campus, curricular and co-curricular, that further address issues of diversity;
- Recognize and honor exemplary actions of individuals that contribute to a supportive campus climate;
- Suggest additional approaches to recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students from underrepresented populations;
- Bring to the appropriate faculty standing committees suggested changes that fall within the faculty and/or the Faculty Handbook domain.
2. Investigate the following questions:
- How can Wagner College take steps to increase diversity and retention among faculty, staff and students?
- How can Wagner College foster a campus climate that welcomes and supports individuals from underrepresented groups?
- How can Wagner College further integrate diversity content and issues across the curricula?
- How can Wagner College Take steps to increase breadth and depth of Wagner connections with underrepresented groups throughout New York City?