How may we help you? Browse our service options below or contact a librarian for assistance.
POPULAR REQUESTS: Use our web forms
ADDITIONAL SERVICES: Click the headings below for more details
- Citation Management
- Librarians are available to provide Zotero training to faculty and students. Zotero is a web-based citation management system that works with the Mozilla Firefox browser and Microsoft Word to import citation content and format that content to create in-text and bibliographic citations in all citation styles. Contact us to make an appointment for training.
- Copyright and Fair Use
- Copyright permission services and fair use information are available in the library. See the Copyright and Fair Use LibGuide, created by Dorothy Davison, Dean of the Library, and Wagner College DMCA Agent, for complete details and copyright resources. See also the Copyright Permission Request form in the web forms offered above.
- Database Trials
- We are always interested in new research resources and frequently run database trials. Most trials are only available from campus computers. New trials are announced in the Library Blog, and on Facebook and Twitter. Visit Database Trials for current trial information and access. Contact Dennis Schaub for more information and to request additional trials.
- Information Literacy Assessment
- We have created 10 question pre-test and 10 question post-test that can be imported into Moodle courses to help you assess your students’ information literacy knowledge before and after they attend library research workshops. These tools are currently in use in all FYP reflective tutorials. See the Library Resources for Moodle Courses handout for details. A Guide to Information Literacy for Faculty is also available. Contact Cathy Perkins for more information.
- LibGuides – guides for research by subject
- LibGuides are subject-specific research guides created by our librarians for student use. The guides direct students to the most appropriate databases, books, and Websites for their topic as well as provide citation management and plagiarism prevention information. Contact librarian Cathy Perkins to arrange for a customized guide for your course or to have an existing guide posted to your Moodle course page.
- Moodle – embed library resources
- Make the most of Moodle: we will add a Library Resources box to your Moodle course pages, allowing students to search OneSearch and link to our subject research LibGuides. See the Library Resources for Moodle Courses handout for details. Contact librarian Cathy Perkins to add library resources to your Moodle course page.
- Plagiarism Prevention
- The “You Quote It, You Note It” interactive plagiarism prevention tutorial teaches your students about the effective and ethical use of information found on the Web and in the library. A 15 question test (created by our librarians) can be embedded into Moodle courses to follow tutorial. These tools are currently used in FYP moodle courses. The library also offers in-person plagiarism prevention workshops for students who have had trouble understanding the rules of academic writing and citation (in cooperation with the Wagner Academic Honesty Committee). Contact librarian Cathy Perkins for more information.
May 15, 2013
Library hours during intersession, May 16 through June 2, are as follows: Mondays – Fridays: 8:30am – 5:00pm Saturdays & Sundays: CLOSED Exception: CLOSED Monday, 5/27 for Memorial Day Holiday Congratulations to all of our graduates! [...] Keep reading →
May 7, 2013
In honor of commencement speaker Myrlie Evers-Williams, the Wagner College Archive has created a display of her works in the Horrmann Library. This exhibit also includes documents from the Wagner College Forum for Individual Freedoms (WCFIF) collection found in the Archive. The WCFIF was a group on [...] Keep reading →