Accounting Assistant Certificate
This Accounting Assistant program helps you develop strong communication and quantitative skills while becoming acclimated with accounting details and ethics. The Accounting Assistant profession is one of the largest growth occupations in the economy, according to the most recent U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Handbook. This intensive professional Certificate course prepares you for work as an accounting clerk, bookkeeper, or auditing clerk. Successful graduates will receive a Certificate and will have the skill set needed to work with CPAs, large corporations, small businesses, or as an independent contractor.
This program provides training in these areas:
• specialized accounting software
• methods of recording business transactions
• preparation of financial statements
• completion of business tax forms
• double-entry accounting principles
• inventory methods
• maintaining accounts receivable and payable
• calculating depreciation
• keeping payroll records and completing payroll forms
• establishing accounting assistanceship as a personal service business
Required Texts:College Accounting: A Career Approach, 12th Edition, includes Quickbooks Accounting 2013 CD-ROM, by Cathy J Scott, ISBN 9781285735771.
March 12 – May 8
Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
No classes March 26 and March 27
Tuition: $1,295 (Textbooks not included.)
Also available online