Events List Navigation
- April 2013
On Wednesday, April 3 at 6:15 p.m. in Spiro 2, please join us for a job-search workshop, “Using Social Media to Launch Your Career.” This is the second job-hunt workshop conducted by Ethan Chazin, “the compassionate coach.” You can watch the complete video of his first workshop on our website.
In today’s hyper-competitive job market, Chazin says, it is absolutely necessary for you to align your online and offline branding efforts in order to gain truly competitive differentiation. Your online brand must work to sell your personal brand through your “unique selling proposition.”
Come learn a bit more about about social media and the job search from Ethan Chazin. Chazin has provided business advice to many clients on business planning, business development, marketing, and strategic planning to help them achieve their business goals. He will share with you the best practices to brand yourself as a compelling product and to use social media platforms to sell that brand.
During this program you will learn how to:
- Leverage LinkedIn as a networking tool to promote yourself to 200 million professionals
- Create powerful online profiles to reinforce your true value proposition
- Manipulate the Groups and Discussion areas within Linked In
- Join appropriate online organizations you have affiliations with
- Conduct an integrated online self-branding campaign by joining your Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and MeetUp profiles with your blog, and personal/business website
No registration is necessary. This event is open to all students of all majors and class years.
Further information on this and other career-development events can be found in the Center for Academic and Career Engagement, located in the Union right next to the Hawk’s Nest. You can also contact the Center for Academic and Career Engagement at email@example.com or (718) 390-3181.