On Monday, May 9, the New Educators at Wagner program — NEW, for short — graduated its eighth group of post-graduate students. In an afternoon symposium, the seven NEW graduates presented papers on their classroom research experiences.
For a complete list of the presentations, and a slideshow of the presenters, scroll down.
Here’s a video of the seven presentations:
Cohort 8 Action Research Presentations:
- Andrew Espinal, “From Teacher to Reaper, Creating a Self-directed Student”
- Alanna Gibbons, “Shaping Motivation in Geometry”
- Amany Kasab, “Building Independence and Positive Community Awareness”
- Kerry McKeown, “Social Intelligence on the Go”
- Margaret Rucci, “Shifting the Consciousness of the Diverse Learner with a Constructivist Approach”
- Sara Signorelli, “Communicating Through Photography in a Non-Verbal World”
- Christine Sloan-Ward, “Constant Comments, Cultivating Community to Promote Intelligent Risk Taking”
Here’s a slideshow of the NEW 2016 presenters. (For instructions on how to download individual high-resolution photos, scroll to the bottom of the page.)
Photo download instructions
To download high-resolution photos from this slideshow:
- Click here.
- Find the photo you want to download, and click on it.
- In the menu on the right-hand side of the screen, find the “downward arrow” emblem and click on it.
- Click on “Original,” and the full-sized photo will be downloaded to your computer.