The Summer 2012 issue of Wagner Magazine: The Link for Alumni and Friends will hit the U.S. Mails this week — but you can preview the new issue online right now! Feature stories include:
- “That’s Not a View — That’s a Mission” tells the story of how President Richard Guarasci came to Grymes Hill, starting with his grandfather’s immigration from Tunisia 100 years ago — and the “premium edition” you’ll find online contains lots of detail you won’t find in the print version. The story was written as we mark the 10th anniversary of Richard’s presidency this year.
- “The Good Neighbor” is about Wagner alumnus Rich Negrin ’88, managing director of the city of Philadelphia, who’s making a difference every day in the lives of thousands of his neighbors.
- “Fighting with Beaus and Eros,” about Wagner College Theatre’s world premiere this spring of “Goddess Wheel,” a new musical by Tony Award-winning composer Galt MacDermot (“Hair”) and lyricist Matty Selman.
- “Water Water Everywhere, Nor Any Drop to Drink,” about the ongoing efforts of Wagner chemistry professor Mohammad Alauddin to address the needs of his native Bangladesh for fresh, uncontaminated water for drinking, cooking and irrigation.
- “Two Ways of Driving to the Basket” profiles the new head coaches of the Seahawks men’s and women’s basketball teams, Bashir Mason and Lisa Cermignano.