The SIEDC contacted my office regarding this excellent job opportunity for a recent college graduate. If anyone has any recommendations for a student, please share the posting and have them contact me directly for support with the application process.
Staten Island Economic Development Corp: SI Works Employment Coordinator
Job Description: Employment Coordinator will be hired to oversee the newly launched “SI Works” workforce development program. This person is responsible for intensive outreach to the employment community, for soliciting incoming job orders, utilizing various marketing/outreach methods to promote the openings, and interacting with other job providers to secure and screen potential applicants for open positions.
- Work closely with SIEDC staff to develop an effective plan to recruit new employers.
- Create, lead and implement outreach and marketing efforts to increase employment roster for appropriate placement sites through social media and events.
- Represent SIEDC in the workforce development arena to increase the organization’s visibility in the community.
- Collect, track and report on recruitment data and outcomes as required.
- Coordinate job placement process including reviewing appropriateness of referrals, establishing and maintaining rapport with employers for job development, meeting with candidates as necessary and matching skillset and experience of candidates to employer requirements.
- Coordinate participation in job fairs and other events.
- Collect, track and report on job placement data and outcomes as required
- Keeps abreast of trends in job placement area.
- BA in relevant field; MA a plus.
- Recent or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in workforce development.
- Excellent computer, marketing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in using basic social media, in particular LinkedIn.
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- A car and valid license is required for this position
Compensation: $40,000/year plus competitive benefits package
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to:
Staten Island Economic Development Corporation
900 South Avenue, Suite 402
Staten Island, NY 10314
Or via email: email@example.com
Tara Chiari | Assistant Director, Career Services
Wagner College - Center for Academic and Career Engagement
wagner.edu | 718-390-3430 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with me on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/tarachiari
Employers & Students can engage with our Wagner Works Job Board here: