- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college, 3.0 GPA, C+ or greater on pre-requisite courses, satisfactory results (a score of 60 or above) on entrance test (TEAS VI). ****Please note that the requirements will be changing, for our Fall 2019 cohort, to a 3.2 GPA and B- or greater on all prerequisite courses.
- Biology (4 Units)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab
- Nutrition (may be taken at Wagner or online elsewhere)
- Microbiology with lab
- and one of the following:
- Psychology – Introduction to Psychology or
- Sociology – Principles of Sociology or
- Anthropology – Introduction to Anthropology
- Admissions deposit and application.
B. Nursing Clinical and Theory Courses
Module I, Fall (4.5 Units)
- NR351 Dimensions of Health Promotion in the Community (2 Units)
- NR353 Dimensions of Health Assessment (1 Unit)
- NR355 Pharmacodynamics (1 Unit)
- NR356 Medical Dosage and Calculation (0.5 Unit)
Module II, Spring (4.5 Units) (Prerequisite courses: NR 351, 353, 355, 357)
- NR364 Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (1.5 Units)
- NR366 Nursing Care of the Childrearing Family (1.5 Units)
- NR368 Nursing Care of the Family in Illness I (1.5 Units)
Module III, Summer (3 Units) (Prerequisite courses: all NR 300 level courses)
- NR400 Nursing Research (1 Unit)
- NR465 Psychodynamic Dimensions of Psychiatric Mental Health (1 Units)
- NR469 Nursing Care of the Family in Illness II (1 Unit)
Module IV, Fall (4 Units) (Prerequisite courses: All NR 300 level courses and NR 400, 465, 469)
- NR472 Community Health Nursing (1.5 Units)
- NR474 Nursing Leadership & Management (1 Unit)
- NR476 Dimensions of Mental Health Nursing in the Community (0.5 Unit)
- N490 Reflective Tutorial (1 Unit)
Graduation: December of the following year.
** A failure in any course may necessitate a change in the progression of the individual’s program.
*** Students are pinned at the end of Module IV and are eligible to sit for NCLEX.
For more information download Undergraduate Nursing Student Handbook 2018-19 Edition