Post Master’s Advanced Certificate Program for Family Nurse Practitioner Program of Study
The Post Master’s Certificate Program for Family Nurse Practitioner builds on an earned master’s degree in nursing. The student completes 27 credits, inclusive of precepted clinical practice. Graduates completing this program will be certified by the New York State Education Department as Family Nurse Practitioners.
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
- Current New York State licensure as a Professional Registered Nurse.
- Malpractice insurance coverage.
- Current immunization and physical examination.
- Two (2) letters of reference attesting to applicant’s current knowledge base, clinical competency and experiences, professional capabilities, and potential for successfully assuming an advanced practice role.
- Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume. An application can be obtained from the Graduate Admissions Office, Campus Hall.
Curriculum Schema of Courses
NR609 Management of Common Conditions 3 credits
NR615 Advanced Pathophysiology 3 credits
NR616 Advanced Health Assessment 4 credits
NR617 The Advanced Practice Nurse 3 credits
NR621 Dynamics of Family Health Nursing 3 credits
NR623 Advanced Pharmacodynamics for Primary Care 3 credits
NR641 Family Health Nursing I 2 credits
NR643 Family Health Nursing II 3 credits
NR645 Family Health Nursing III 3 credits
Total 27 credits