Student Staff Selection 2015-2016
Ready to get on board with Res Ed and become a student staff member?
Resident Assistants and Residential Peer Educators are both students that contribute to the success and well-being of students living on campus at Wagner. Student staff facilitates the development of an inclusive community on the floor and within the building they live and they plan and implement programs that uphold the Department’s mission and goals. They establish relationships with all the residents of the floor and demonstrate availability and approachability to residents. Resident Assistants and Peer Educators serve as role models and representatives of Wagner College both on and off campus.
• Full-time student status
• Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
• Good judicial standing with the College
• Appreciation of the mission of the department
• All rising Sophomore, Junior and Senior undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
• A single room
• A basic meal plan
• The compensation for the position equates to approximately $12,000. Thus, this benefit may impact financial aid packages. Academic scholarships or grants are reduced by $2,000 for all RAs receiving this type of financial aid because room and board are no longer billed to their account.
• If you have any concerns about changes in your financial aid package due to the RA position, please see a counselor in the Office of Financial Aid.
• A single room at a discounted rate
• Applications will be available here on December 1st.
• Each applicant must complete the application and submit it by Monday, February 16th at 5pm.
• Each applicant must ask a Wagner community member (faculty, staff, admin) AND a current Resident Assistant or Residential Peer Educator to submit a recommendation by Monday, February 16th at 5pm.
• A group of candidates will be invited to the next round which consists of an interview process to be held Saturday, February 28, 2015. You must be available between 8am – 5pm that day. This will include group activities, a time for you to ask questions about the position, and an individual interview.
Some tips if you are thinking about applying
• Ask an RA.
• Visit the Center for Academic and Career Engagement for interview practice and tips.
• Visit the Writing Center for help with your application.
• Make an appointment to speak with a member of the selection committee by contacting email@example.com
• Visit our Central Office in Towers Hall, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.