March 3 - March 12
Res. Ed. will be conducting Health and Safety Checks. Staff performs a visual check of each room once during this period.
In order to ensure the safety of all individuals in the Wagner College community, fire safety violations are taken very seriously. The following are prohibited:
- Firearms, fireworks, other weapons, or chemicals which are of an explosive or corrosive nature on College property or at College functions.
- Any candle (burnt or un-burnt), incense, or appliance with open face heating coils or elements such as hotpots, coffee pots, electric grills, toasters and hot plates. Coffee makers that use pods to make individual servings are permitted.
- The use of any door locks other than those provided by the College.
- Fireworks, firecrackers, or any other explosive material
- Firearms, ammunition, offensive or defensive weapons, paintball guns, BB guns, or sling shots, water guns, swords, stun guns, and knives, and any other item that may be determined a weapon by the College
- Halogen and lava lamps
- Kerosene heaters, oil lamps,* space heaters* *not provided by Wagner Maintenance
- Immersion coils
- Internal combustion engines
- Gasoline and any other flammable liquids
- Over sized refrigerators taller than 4 feet high (in residence halls)
- Extension cords without surge protectors
- Non-UL approved power cord
- Over-utilized electrical sockets
- Live cut Christmas trees
- Air conditioners not provided by Wagner College
- Microwave ovens over 700 watts
- Tapestries, wall hangings, and posters that cover more than 50% of the wall or ceiling space in a room, or obstruct a doorway, light, smoke detector, and any wood structures
- Shelves and other structures may not be attached to room furnishings walls, ceilings, or floors. Any item hanging from or attached to the firesprinkler pipes or sprinkler heads
- Privately purchased loft beds, building lofts or any wooden structure not approved by the College
- Charcoal or gas grills (prohibited both in campus facilities and o the grounds
Furnishings that are permitted in the residence halls:
- Upholstered furniture that complies with California Technical Bulletin117 fire code (furniture must have an attached tag with the fire code listed)
- Futons that comply with California Technical Bulletin 129 or BFD1x-11, as evidenced by a tag attached to the futon mattress and indicatingthe fire code
- Small organizational systems
- Metal shelving units