The Performance Concentration involves a sequence of acting courses, including classical styles, improvisational techniques, musical theatre performance, and the business of acting. The sequence culminates in a Senior Showcase in New York. Students may also select from a wide variety of courses in Dance, Movement, and Voice and Diction. An audition is required for acceptance into the program
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR PERFORMANCE CONCENTRATION:
- Private voice lessons regularly held on campus with Music faculty.
- An abundance of dance classes including Ballet, Jazz, Tap, and Musical Theatre Dance.
- Five levels of Acting courses specially designed to build on the previous outcomes.
- Required courses including: Musical Theatre Performance, Voice and Diction, Movement, Theatre History, Musical Theatre History, and many others.
- Four production assignments throughout the student's tenure, including Assistant Stage Manager, Sound Board Operator, Follow Spot Operator, Front of House Manager, and many others.
- A Senior Showcase for New York City agents, managers, and casting directors at Playwright's Horizons in Manhattan's Theatre District.
- Monthly seminars open to all students with well-respected Broadway, Film, and Television actors, dancers, directors, and others run by student organizations.
- Elective courses including Improv, Stage Dialects, Stage Makeup, Stage Costuming, and many others.
- Four Main Stage productions and four studio productions per year.
- The expectation of high GPAs in all major required courses as well as liberal arts courses.
- A campus-wide Honors program.
- A Dance Minor.
- A close-knit family of faculty and students, which encourages open communication.
- An impressive list of Wagner alumni and faculty with Broadway, Film, and Television credits.
Everything Needed for a Performance Concentration can be seen here.