What is S.A.A.S. (Society of Arts Administration Students)?
We are committed to enhancing the Arts Administration program through
- social interaction
- educational enhancement
- career development
We supplement the Arts Administration program through extra-curricular activities, networking opportunities and other programs.
What does S.A.A.S. hope to achieve for Arts Administration students?
- Enhance the Arts Administration program by sponsoring learning opportunities such as workshops, guest speakers and discussions.
- Build beneficial contacts in the Arts community through networking.
- Provide social opportunities for Arts Administration students to interact in a positive manner.
- Develop and sustain supportive relationships within Wagner College.
Who can participate in S.A.A.S.?
Membership is open to all Wagner students of any major interested in Arts Administration, Theatre, Music, or Visual Art. Be on the look out for exciting events coming up throughout this semester and be sure to attend our meetingsto learn further details about our exciting organization.
Founded in 2007, SAAS (Society of Arts Administration Students) has quickly become one of the campus’ most active clubs. SAAS is committed to enhancing the Arts Administration program at Wagner College through social interaction, educational enhancement, and career development. SAAS supplements the Arts Administration program through extra-curricular activities, networking opportunities and other programs. The highlight of SAAS last year was the Wagner Cares benefit for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (BC/EFA). Raising over $650 for this amazing charity, the benefit featured performances from student theatre, music, and dance students, a comedian, a beat-boxer, and more. Throughout the year, SAAS brought many guest speakers—including Wagner alumni—to campus.
This Semester’s Events:
- Volunteer at BCEFA Flea market
- Ribbon Sales at Wagner’s Main Stage Shows
- Trips to Broadway shows
- Comedy Club
- Stardust Diner
- Scholarship Cabaret