MS in Media Management
Master of Science in Media Management
Wagner College’s master’s program in media management produces leaders and innovators in the media industry. This multi-billion-dollar global business includes film, television, music, video games, publishing, web, mobile, and more.
By integrating theory and practice, the program provides graduates with a keen understanding of the dynamic linkage between the creative arts and the business of financing, producing, and distributing creative work. And, the MS in Media Management prepares students to manage media enterprises driven by ever-evolving technological developments and rapid globalization.
The program’s coursework will be offered at Wagner College’s Manhattan location and at the main Staten Island campus.
Wagner College’s MS in Media Management promotes its students’ success by offering classes that integrate theory and practical experience. Class sizes are limited to 12–16 bright and highly motivated students, ensuring tailored attention to each student’s interests and needs.
In the program, students will:
- Apply principles of entrepreneurship, venture creation, and development.
- Learn directly from practitioners in the field of media ventures.
- Plan, produce, and market their own new business venture in the media sector in the two-semester Media Venture course series.
The program also includes an elective opportunity allowing students to learn first-hand how the media industry operates internationally, through trips abroad to participate in seminars and workshops with media professionals from those countries.
The program comprises 30 credits, grouped in two tiers:
Tier I: Core Curriculum (15 credits)
Tier II: Media Management Concentration Courses (15 credits)
- BU 617 Economics for Managers
- BU 625 Communicating Leadership
- BU 629 Competitive Business Analytics
- BU 652 Strategic Management
- BU 668 Business Internship
- BU 669 Strategic Leadership
- MM 633 Media Law, Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- MM 642 The Film and Television Industry
- MM 643 The Publishing Industry
- MM 644 Planning, Producing and Marketing a Media Venture
- MM 647 The Business of Video Games
- MM 591 Digital Transformation in Media Industries
All prospective students must demonstrate prior exposure to media disciplines, such as through work, performances, proven avocation, or prior coursework.
Criteria for admission include undergraduate GPA, work experience, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. An interview is also required.
To apply, visit our Admissions site.
“Whatever your background or area of interest in media management, I can say with confidence that Wagner College will help you discover your passions and reach your goals.” – Michael Tadross, Wagner College Alumnus and Producer, with credits including Sherlock Holmes, I Am Legend, Ocean’s 8, and more than 35 other films
“Wagner is not only located in one of the media capitals of the world, but the combination of its small class sizes and well-versed professors make the program special.” – Max Rottenecker, Class of 2018
Adjunct Faculty, Business Administrationpaula.firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO of IdeaBlizzard Productions, award-winning film producer, media consultant, educator, and author.
Adjunct Professor, Business Departmentjohn.email@example.com
Global head of PR and media relations for Publicis.Sapient, where
he oversees digital business transformation PR and media strategies.