- Graduate assistantships are available to students in all graduate programs, with the exception of the following:
- Second degree Baccalaureate students are not considered graduate students, and therefore, are also not eligible.
- Students who have previously been graduate assistants are not eligible for graduate assistantship when pursuing a second graduate degree at the college.
- All questions regarding graduate assistantships should be forwarded to the Dean of Graduate Studies, who will coordinate the program college-wide.
APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES FOR GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIPS
We welcome your interests in Wagner College’s Graduate Assistantship Program. Please read the following information carefully before submitting your application:
Criteria for Appointment:
- Must be a matriculated student in a graduate degree program. (International applicants must be eligible to work in the US.)
- Must have been selected for a position by a Position Supervisor (department).
- Must be a full-time student, i.e. taking at least 9 credits in your program per semester
- Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative average each semester.
Benefits of the Assistantship:
- Tuition remission 80% of 9 tuition credits
- Opportunity for professional growth
Your graduate program discipline and work experiences are taken into consideration when your application is reviewed, but the Assistantship awarded may not necessarily be associated with your field of graduate study.
___ Application – every item must be completed
___ Two (2) references from academic or professional sources. It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up that the references have been forwarded to be associated with your application. Copies of original references submitted in support of your application for College admission will be accepted.
The Office of Graduate Studies cannot begin to process Graduate Assistant Applications until all above items are received. Position Supervisors will not interview a prospective candidate until the program admission status of that candidate has been confirmed.
* Please note that there are a limited number of Graduate Assistantship positions available each year. Simply completing the Assistantship Application and being admitted to the College does not in any way imply that an Assistantship award will be received. Applicants must undergo a review and approval process which involves initial review by the Dean of Graduate Studies, interview and recommendation for a position by the Assistantship Supervisor, review and approval by the department or area in which the position is housed, and final approval by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
How to Apply
After you have been accepted and have deposited to the Graduate Program through the admissions office, please complete the following to apply for a Graduate Assistant position:
- Complete the Graduate Assistant Application.
- Submit this application along with your resume to Theresa Kolsin
These resumes will be reviewed by all departments seeking graduate assistants.
The graduate assistantship (GA) regulations and procedures outlined in the handbook are designed to promote this academic objective.
The Graduate Assistant Handbook 2021-2022 can be found here: Graduate Assistant Handbook 2021-2022
Departments currently still taking GA applications:
Communications and Marketing