Graduate School Applications
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Program at Wagner College. Please call the Admissions Office at 718-390-3411 with any questions or for assistance.
Please note, the Family Nurse Practitioner deadline is February 15th for Fall 2016.
- Apply to MBA, MS, MSEd Program
- Apply to DNP
- Apply for Fifth Year
- Apply for Non-Degree Graduate Coursework
- Readmission to Wagner
- Official Transcripts sent directly from the Registrar from all schools attended.
- Current Wagner College undergraduates must submit their transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- International applicants must submit an official copy of secondary school transcripts in original language of issue, accompanied by a certified English translation and evaluation. World Education Services is the recommended transcript evaluation service.
- Personal Statement (can be submitted online with your application).
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from former or present employers or professors
- Test scores (where applicable)
- Applicants to the Education Master's programs will be required to take the GRE.
- Proof of English language proficiency is required for international students. Students may demonstrate proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79 or 550 for the paper-based test;
- IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher
Process for Doctor of Nursing PracticeApplication deadline July 31
- Graduate Admissions will screen applications and submit the completed admission packet for all qualified applicants to the DNP Admissions Committee.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the DNP Admissions Committee. During the interview with the DNP Admissions Committee, applicants will be required to provide a writing sample (250 word minimum)
- Graduate Admissions will notify all applicants of their status after the selection process has been completed.
Admission CriteriaCandidates for the DNP must:
- A master’s in nursing with a family nurse practitioner focus from a program accredited by a national organization.
- A 3.4 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale for masters course work
- Current unencumbered Registered Professional Nurse License in New York State and a New York State certificate as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- National Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurses Credentialing Commission
- Documentation demonstrating current clinical practice
- Current résumé
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals able to comment on the academic ability, clinical expertise and professionalism of the applicant
- Professional writing sample written on site
Currently enrolled Wagner undergraduate students who are pursuing a fifth year of graduate study in Accounting, Microbiology, or Physician Assistant Studies must complete the following application:
Non-degree students are those who take classes without matriculating and are not working toward a degree. Application for Non-Degree Coursework
Students who have previously attended Wagner in the past 10 years, withdrew, but would like to return, should complete the Application for Readmission.