Wagner College Alumni Association Board of Directors
Alumni Association Board of Directors
The Alumni Association is governed by a volunteer-led Board of Directors whose members provide ongoing service and support to alumni, the College, and its students. The Board of Directors is currently comprised of 3 Executive Committee officers, 24 Directors (or “Members”) and one Faculty Representative from Wagner College.
Who are We?
The Wagner College Alumni Association Board of Directors is a group of engaged alumni, who embody the very best of Wagner College Alumni, to support the mission of the Alumni Association, and the efforts of the Office of Institutional Advancement and Office of Alumni Relations.
The Alumni Association Board of Directors engages alumni to maintain their connection with their alma mater by demonstrating involvement, support and commitment with current and future alumni. Simply stated, the Alumni Association Board of Directors is established to assist in bridging the gap between what current and future Wagner students have and what they need.
The mission of the Wagner College Alumni Association Board of Directors is to strengthen relationships between alumni, students, and the College and to foster a spirit of loyalty, involvement and lifelong commitment to our alma mater.
Board member expectations:
- Attend, either in person or remotely, 4 of the 5 annually scheduled meetings. Prepare for agenda items and review all material.
- Participate effectively in Board activities and discussions by voicing opinions, displaying leadership and thinking strategically and creatively. Offer ideas to help make the Board of Directors and the Alumni Association more meaningful to the alumni constituency.
- Serve on at least one committee, , with an option to serve on a secondary committee. Actively participate in discussions and projects and follow through on assignments.
- Be familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized and coordinated by the Office of Alumni Relations. Serve as an ambassador for the College, and help raise the visibility of the Alumni Association and its programs and services by being present, whenever possible, at the College and association activities.
- Attend at least one Alumni Association Anchor Event (Homecoming, Career Conversations or Reunion Weekend), as well as assist the Office of Alumni Relations in marketing the event to your network to drive attendance forward.
- Make an annual financial contribution to Wagner College during each year of board service.
- Help to identify, cultivate and recruit future leaders of the Alumni Association.
- Assist with identifying and nominating alumni annually for consideration for Alumni Awards.
- Become a Social Media, Phone or Email Ambassador.
The board has five committees:
- Alumni Engagement
- Focus on alumni programming, alumni to alumni networking and connections, global outreach, speaker series, connecting alumni with students and more
- Student Engagement
- Focus on educating students about the Alumni Association, bridging the gaps between alumni and student connections, networking opportunities and more
- Campus Engagement
- Build meaningful relationships between the Alumni Association and the Wagner College community, develop programming for alumni who serve their alma mater, faculty & staff programming and more
- Membership Engagement
- Focus on the recruitment, engagement and development of new and current members and more
- Marketing & Communications
- Raise awareness about Alumni Association events and programs, develop communication materials that represent the Alumni Association, build marketing strategy and more
Additional standing committees include:
- Nominating Committee
- Awards Committee
All members must serve on at least one committee, with an option to serve on a secondary committee. Committees may be called to action by the chair(s) of the board as indicated by the needs and priorities of the association board of directors.
- Members will be expected to attend campus board meetings and events and to participate in at least one committee.
- Much of the work of the board will be done in committee between board meetings.
- Depending on projects, expect to spend a minimum of 2-4 hours per month on association business.
- Committee chairs and officers may expect to spend additional hours per month on association business.
You can view our full Alumni Association Board of Directors members here.
Board Members are typically nominated and elected by the existing directors. We are actively looking for new board members to join us!
If you are interested in being considered for the Alumni Board, please submit our volunteer interest form here. If you have any questions or want to connect with the Alumni Board, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Year in Review
We are excited to release our third annual “Our Year in Review” from your Wagner College Alumni Association Board of Directors President, Carolina Silva ’16. You can read the article here.
You can read our second “Year in Review” from 2020-2021 article here.
You can read our first “Our Year in Review” from 2019-2020 article here.
Alumni of the Alumni Association Board
The Wagner College Alumni Association Board has always been a group of engaged alumni, who embody the very best of Wagner College Alumni to support the mission of the Alumni Association, and the efforts of the Office of Institutional Advancement. Their mission of engaging fellow Seahawks is the foundation on which the Alumni Association Board was built.
We couldn’t have gotten to where we are today without the strides former alumni have made. You can view our list of past members here.
The Wagner College Alumni Association annually recognizes outstanding alumni who have given distinguished service to Wagner College and the community at large. The Alumni Association Award Winners are honored each year at Reunion Weekend. Our Alumni Award recipients for 2020 will be honored the fall of 2021 during Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. The nominations are reviewed by an Awards Committee, comprised of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Members of the Awards Committee have selected the recipients of the annual awards. Nominate a Wagner graduate for an Alumni Association Award by visiting our awards page for more information about achievement and service awards, past winners, and how to nominate!