Wagner Weekend FAQ
Wagner Weekend is a combination of Reunion Weekend (traditionally held in late May or early June) and Homecoming (traditionally held in September October). For the second time in Wagner history, we’re bringing together the best parts of our beloved Homecoming and Reunion traditions for Wagner Weekend.
We will abide by NYC guidelines and Wagner College protocols. As of right now, we will not require vaccination checks.
There will be no accommodations available on campus as our students will be living in the dorms.
Book a room now at the Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island. Complimentary breakfast is included. All Wagner College guests staying at the Hampton Inn will have access to our shuttle service. Our discounted room block rate is available here or call 718-477-1600 and use the code C-WAG.
For more information regarding other accommodations, visit our main accommodations website here.
The Visitor Parking Lot, located in the Lower Tiers, is a free lot available all weekend. There will be parking available in the Stadium Lot for a fee on Saturday, September 17 only beginning at 12:00 pm. For information on parking, please visit our website here.
On Friday, September 16, we will celebrate the 2022 Alumni Association Award Recipients with a short program during our Grand Celebration.
Congratulations! We’ve love to partner with alumni who are celebrating their reunion anniversary class year. This year, we are asking alumni to be ambassadors for their reunion anniversary class. As ambassadors, we ask that you:
- Invite your classmates to the weekend events
- Attend Wagner Weekend yourself!
- Stay updated on our Wagner Weekend website
- Spread the word by sharing our Facebook or Instagram posts to your networks
If you are interested in being a Wagner Weekend ambassador, please contact us at email@example.com or 718-390-3224 and we will connect you with your Advancement staff liaison.
We encourage students to join us for Wagner Weekend 2022, Wagner’s biggest event of the fall! We hope our students will come out to support and celebrate Wagner pride. All are welcome to attend. Registration is required only for select events!
The only event that students are unable to attend is Friday night’s alumni only event called the Grand Celebration, featuring the Alumni Awards. The Main Dining Hall will be closed on Friday evening. We encourage attendance at the Pep Rally and other student and family oriented events.
Friday, September 16 Events:
- A BBQ will be available for students only, as the Main Dining Hall will be closed for dinner service.
- The Pep Rally is free to students and does NOT require registration. Parents and guests do not need to register for this event. For any questions regarding Friday’s student-oriented events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, September 17 Events:
- On Saturday, September 17 student organizations will be displaying their banners on our Wagner Weekend float on the Oval for all to see! For any questions regarding banners, contact email@example.com.
- For Wagner Weekend on the Oval on Saturday, September 17, students must register through the Office of Alumni Relations if they want to participate in the food and drink vendor options. All other activities, such as entertainment, interactive games, etc, on the oval are FREE. Register here for Wagner Weekend on the Oval to get your food tickets!
- Students do NOT need to register for the football game.
******All meal service will be on its normal schedule in Hawk’s and the Dining Hall on Saturday – you do not need to use a meal swipe for any of the Wagner Weekend events.******
Absolutely! We encourage parents and friends of the College to attend our events. On Friday, September 16, parents could join us for a pep-rally to cheer on your Wagner Seahawks, cheerleaders, and marching band!
On Saturday, September 17, there will be a coffee break for parents to meet and mingle with one another and meet Wagner administration. Then, you don’t want to miss the festivities on the Oval from 1 to 4:00 p.m. before the big game. This year’s celebration will include a variety of food from some of Staten Island’s favorite restaurants. We’ll have music, entertainment, interactive games, lawn games, variety performers and more! Then join us on Hameline Field for the Wagner College Seahawks vs. the St. Francis University Red Flash football game at 4:00 p.m. This weekend is the perfect opportunity to be with your student and family.
Even if you can’t attend, you can register your student for Wagner Weekend on the Oval here.
(What is Wagner Weekend? See below FAQ for an explanation.)
We will have a variety of food and soft drink options from local Staten Island restaurants, along with a beer and wine tent. Attendees can vote on the best banner presented by student organizations, which will be displayed our Wagner Weekend float. There will be entertainment, giveaways, and fun for all ages. Before the game, enjoy a mini-parade and cheer on our football team and the Wagner Weekend Royalty Court on our float.
In order to attend Wagner Weekend on the Oval, register on our website here in advance.
All food and drinks will be sold by tickets (Wagner bucks) only. One Wagner buck is a $1 value. Most food and drink items will range from 5 to 7 tickets. All beer and wine will cost $5 (5 tickets). Packages include 20 tickets each. Additional tickets for those already pre-registered will be available at the registration tent on the Oval. Tickets will stop being sold at 3:15 pm and vendors will stop serving at 3:45 pm.
What’s on the Oval?
- Local Staten Island Restaurants serving their specials ranging from Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Desserts, fried zeppoles and oreos! *Everyone (including students) must buy tickets through the registration link.
- Vendors include: Montalbano’s, Tep Teps Truck Treats, Burrito Bar, Eggers, Jac Mao, Chartwell’s, Mark’s Bake Shoppe, and Joe and Pat’s.
- Beer & Wine Tent – MUST be 21+ to drink. You will need two forms of ID (State Issued ID & for students, your Wagner ID). All beer & wine is 5 tickets per drink! *Everyone (including 21+ students) must buy tickets through the registration link.
- DJ entertainment *FREE
- Interactive games *FREE
- Cornhole, Lifesize Jenga and more fun lawn games. *FREE
- Cool Giveaways every hour you won’t want to miss! *FREE
Guests can check in at the designated areas indicated for the events, as listed on the website here.
Tailgating is prohibited prior to, during and after the Wagner football game.
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-390-3224.