Office and Contact Updates for SUMMER 2020
- Academic Advisor Matt Kubacki is accessible virtually, via phone, email, Google Hangouts Meet, or Webex. Students can make an appointment as usual (http://mywco.com/cace), and indicate the preferred mode of their appointment in the “How Do You Want To Meet?” field.
- Career Services – Tara Chiari – is accessible for students at all levels and in all majors via phone, email, Google Docs, Google Hangouts Meet, Webex.
- Continued communication with alumni and professional contacts is being done to keep updated the Hot List of internship, job, and career opportunities.
- We are also researching virtual career fairs and other opportunities to keep students engaged and networking.
- Please contact Dina Assante (firstname.lastname@example.org), as Dina will work with you individually to explain the policies and procedures, as well as to determine the appropriate accommodations.
The Center for Academic and Career Engagement (CACE) serves students as the primary locus of support and advisement services, whether that advisement comes in the form of academic, career, or disability services. CACE advisors facilitate a student’s transition to Wagner, selection of the major, organization of their individual Wagner Plan, and the development of their skills and resources in pursuit of personal and professional goals.
Students who utilize CACE can connect to career and graduate school resources including job and internship listings, employer literature, mentorship programs and events with Wagner alumni, and networking and skill-building workshops offered on a regular basis.
→ See what our students are saying about CACE and our services! ←
“The CACE advisors are always super helpful and made the transition from high school much easier.” – Louis, ’23, Undeclared
“The most helpful and friendly people are in CACE! I’m thankful for being able to have people like that at this new school. In my previous University, I did not get great treatment and the staff had no proficiency. In CACE at Wagner, they even remembered my name when walking in the door. Just another perk about going to a smaller school.” -Joe
Wagner students, click here to make your appointment!
Our integrated services, available to all students, include:
- Academic Advisement – Student and faculty advisor support for course selection and declaration of major, major checklists, registration, withdrawal/leave of absence, Academic Success Plans, and graduate school guidance.
- Academic Support – The Writing Center in the Horrmann Library for writing- and visual presentation-tutoring, Peer Tutoring in many courses and subject areas, and Student Success Seminars.
- Career Development – Career planning, professional documentation, internships, interview preparation, job listings, and graduate school.
- Disability Services – Specialized academic advisement, counseling, and academic support.
The Center for Academic and Career Engagement (CACE) is located in the Union Building, 3rd Floor, right next to the Hawk’s Nest. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm, or later by appointment.
Center for Academic and Career Engagement
Wagner College, One Campus Road, Staten Island, NY 10301
Phone: (718) 390-3181 Fax: (718) 420-4012 Email: email@example.com
Make an appointment with a CACE staff member.