The mission of Academic Advisement in the Center for Academic and Career Engagement is to advocate for student success, retention and timely graduation through purposeful academic relationships and community building. At the heart of this is our collaborative work with you, the student, as you attempt to find your own answers to the question “What’s Your Wagner Plan,” a 4-step process of self-inquiry, major and career exploration, reflection and decision making, and strategic action.
Faculty are the primary advisors for students; the CACE advisors serve as secondary advising support should a faculty member be on sabbatical leave, or is inaccessible over the summer months. CACE advisors may also be assigned as a new transfer student’s primary advisor before that student declares a major.
Wagner students, make your appointment here. If you don’t have a wagner.edu email address, please email email@example.com or call 718-390-3181 for appointment information.
General Education, Key Skills & Knowledge and Major Requirements for Undergraduates:
These lists are intended as general guides. Students must discuss major requirements with an advisor and department chairperson.
- Help in exploring and articulating educational and career-related interests and goals, and related academic planning
- Choosing a major, minor, double major, or double minor
- Course selection and sequencing
- Dropping or adding courses
- Help in tracking and maintaining progress toward degree requirements
- Study abroad planning and preparation
- Pre-professional advising support
- Transferring credit in or out of Wagner College
- Wagner College policies and procedures
- Academic adjustment and orientation to the college environment
- Liaise with academic departments, faculty advisors, and relevant administrative areas (e.g. Registrar’s Office, Bursar, Financial Aid)
- Study skills, time management, and other techniques for academic success
- Help/guidance in securing tutorial and other academic support
- Involvement in co-curricular educational opportunities and activities
- Help and support in solving personal problems that can impede academic work