The mission of Academic Advisement in the Center for Academic and Career Engagement is to advocate for student success, retention and timely graduation through purposeful academic relationships and community building. At the heart of this is our collaborative work with you, the student, as you attempt to find your own answers to the question “What’s Your Wagner Plan,” a 4-step process of self-inquiry, major and career exploration, reflection and decision making, and strategic action.
Faculty are the primary advisors for students; the CACE advisors serve as secondary advising support should a faculty member be on sabbatical leave, or is inaccessible over the summer months. CACE advisors may also be assigned as a new transfer student’s primary advisor before that student declares a major.
We welcome questions about all aspects of transfer, from what to expect in your transition to Wagner to creating your first semester schedule. And you can easily see how your credits will transfer to Wagner with our Online Transfer Evaluation System.
→ See what our students are saying about CACE and our services! ←
“The CACE advisors work closely with students and take the time to really know and understand them, while also being helpful in answering questions and problem-solving any academic obstacles.” – Matt, ’23, Undeclared
Wagner students, make your appointment here. If you don’t have a wagner.edu email address, please email email@example.com or call 718-390-3181 for appointment information.
CACE can help with:
- Exploring and articulating academic and career-related interests and goals
- Discussing declaration of a major, minor, double major, or double minor
- Course selection and sequencing
- Dropping or adding courses
- Tracking and maintaining progress toward degree requirements
- Transferring credit in or out of Wagner College
- Navigating college
- Understanding Wagner College policies and procedures
- Adjusting to the college environment academically
- Liaising with academic departments, faculty advisors, and relevant administrative areas (e.g. Registrar’s Office, Bursar, Financial Aid)
- Developing study skills, time management, and other techniques for academic success
- Explaining tutoring servcies and other available academic support
- And more – please let us know how we can help!