Video Production Guidelines
Videos published on official Wagner College channels should be created with oversight by the Office of Communications and Marketing. Contact us regarding all video inquiries.
- For promotional videos, keep the length to under three minutes, and grab the viewer’s attention in the first 5–10 seconds.
- Use one style for transitions throughout the video. A simple cut is preferred.
- Primary typefaces from the visual identity (Bauer Bodoni; ITC Officina Sans or Serif) should be used if possible. For best legibility, ITC Officina Sans is preferred.
- Colors for any design elements should be consistent with the visual identity:
- Green: #004331
- Gold: #AA8E3C
- Lower third designs may vary based on the needs of the video, but should comply with overall visual identity guidelines.
- When writing the name of a student or alumnus, include the year of graduation, e.g., Sammy Seahawk ’18.
- The official logo should be featured in the video bumper/end card. Some color variations are available for download below.
- Do not include a watermark on the video. The W initial will automatically be included on our YouTube channel.
- All music must be licensed and copies of the licensing agreement should be filed with the director of digital media.
- HD video (minimum 1280 x 720; ideally 1920 x 1080 or higher with H.264 codec)
- Please include a transcript with your video.