The family and friends of the late Dr. Boies, a distinguished member of the Wagner English Department for more than two decades, have established an annual award in his memory.
The award will be given annually for the best work of poetry, fiction, or drama by a Wagner College undergraduate.
Students who wish to be considered for the award should submit their best work in one of the following categories:
- Poetry a long poem (6-15pp.) or group of poems (15pp. max.)
- Fiction/Drama a short story (or two very brief stories) or a portion of a longer drama or prose fiction work; entries should be between 15 and 25pp; portions of a longer work should be accompanied by a synopsis of the whole play or novel
- All manuscripts must be typed or word-processed and double-spaced; handwritten entries will not be read. Fasten pages together with a staple in the upper left-hand corner; no other binding is necessary. Email submissions will not be accepted.
- The author’s name should appear only on the title page which will be removed before the entry is read.
- Entries must be brought to the office of the English Department Administrative Assistant (Parker Hall 313, Ex. 3256) before 3:30 pm, Tuesday 2/26/2019.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant, who must be a currently enrolled Wagner undergraduate.
- The English Department Boies Award Committee will judge all entries.
For further information please contact Marissa Carney in the English Department office (Parker Hall, 313 Ext. 3256 or email@example.com)