Student Employment Program

The Wagner College Office of Financial Aid maintains two types of student employment, CWS and Regular Payroll, through the Student Employment Program (SEP). Both are vital to the operation of the campus and to some of the community organizations that Wagner has contracted with.

Search Available Jobs

Wagner recognizes that while obtaining an education is each student's priority, gaining valuable work skills is also important. SEP supervisors should be ensuring that the student employees are gaining information, skills and values that can be applied to their academic life or future career.

College Work-Study (CWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. The program encourages community service work as well as employment related to the student's course of study. As with any other federal aid program, a student must meet the eligibility criteria as established by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition, all student employees of the college must complete both the W-4 and  I-9 forms.

Your total CWS award, which will appear on your Award Summary, depends on when you apply, your level of need and Wagner's funding level. Your CWS is not deducted from your tuition bill; you will earn money for each hour you work. Most positions will pay the current NYS minimum wage.

If you work on-campus, you will work for Wagner. If you work off-campus, your employer will be a private, nonprofit organization or a public agency which has contracted with Wagner; and the work performed must be in the public interest.

The amount you earn cannot exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. For further information on FWS, please contact our Office.

College-Funded (Regular) Payroll

Students who are not eligible for CWS or who have exhausted their CWS eligibility, may be eligible to work on campus through Wagner's Regular Payroll program. Students must meet the same work eligibility requirements as CWS students and must adhere to the same labor laws and institutional policies.

International students may work under the Regular Payroll, but must meet the requirements for work eligibility. It is recommended that international students meet with the international student advisor in Academic Advisement to have their I-20 approved for work. In addition, an international student must apply for a Social Security number through the Social Security Administration.

Student Employment Hiring Process

Information about the hiring process may be found here.
 Questions about the SEP may be directed to or 718-390-3183.