FAQs for Supervisors

A student may begin working when all paperwork is completed and returned to the Office of Financial Aid. A student will need to have a W-4 and I-9 on file and will need to have a Referral Form completed for the position. All positions must have a Job Order Form completed and approved prior to being posted to the Student Employment Database.

A student may work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session and 28 hours a week during breaks. No student may work more than six (6) hours straight without taking a 1/2 hour unpaid meal break. All breaks must be reflected on the timesheet.

The student should come to the Office of Financial Aid to get a Referral Form. If the student is not CWS-eligible, he or she will need to wait until the third week of class to obtain a Referral (special situations do apply for high-skilled jobs). The student is not permitted to begin working until the Referral is completed and returned to this office. Jobs will not be held for students. If a position is available after the two week wait period then College-Funded (Regular Payroll) students may obtain a Referral providing the student meets all requirements.

Have a question that you don't see here? Let us know!