Apply to HawkTalk
Thanks for your interest in working with HawkTalk! This is a student-directed blog geared toward prospective students. Students write about their experiences at Wagner, like how to pull an all-nighter, behind the scenes of Songfest, and profiles of favorite faculty. The Humans of Wagner Instagram account is also part of HawkTalk. We accept four bloggers each year and two student leaders, so it's pretty competitive. It's also pretty fun.
Here's how it works:
- Apply to be a blogger with the form below by Sept 2.
- We'll interview the top candidates the first and second weeks of classes.
- If you're accepted, you fill out some paperwork with Financial Aid. You do not need work study.
- We meet once/week in the fall semester, then less often in the spring. Our meetings are fun. We eat and laugh together, and brainstorm blog ideas. You create one post per week.
What you get out of it:
- Great experience & professional development. Skills in writing, blogging, interviewing, social media, photo and video creation. You can put this on your résumé, and we can write you glowing letters of recommendation.
- We pay you $30/week/post.
- Free food!
- A group of new, smart, fun friends. You'll also get to meet some people who make Wagner run, like President Guarasci, Provost McNair, Lee Manchester and others.
Questions? Email Morgan Riddle or Kolten Bell at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org