The Wagner College Honors Program has the following goals:
- to support the College's mission;
- to identify incoming students who have the potential for exceptional scholarly work and recruit them into the Honors Program by working closely with the Admissions Office;
- to recruit current Wagner College students who exhibit exceptional academic ability;
- to retain students in the Honors Program by providing challenging course offerings and unique academic opportunities;
- to provide students with support and advisement in the pursuit of their academic and pre-professional goals;
- to work with faculty members to develop appropriate academic opportunities for students in the Honors Program;
- to contribute to the overall enhancement of intellectual life on campus;
- to provide students with the opportunity for a themed community in the residence halls;
- to provide students with leadership opportunities by serving as mentors to younger peers;
- to regularly submit the Honors Program to self-study and revision in response to the changing needs of Wagner College as a whole;
- to promulgate students' works that are products of the Honors Program; and
- to provide opportunities for social gatherings among students in the Honors Program.
The Wagner College Honors Program is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC).