POSITION: Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
DEPARTMENT: Office of Institutional Advancement
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive and proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing foundation and corporate relationships. The Director will work with the President, Provost, Vice President and Institutional Advancement, executive staff and faculty to identify and procure external funding for projects and endeavors consistent with Wagner College’s strategic goals and mission.
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will frequently visit corporations, foundations, and alumni. The Director is responsible for researching foundations and corporations whose missions align with those of Wagner College. This position is responsible for all aspects of grant proposal submissions, including preparing implementation plan, writing, budgeting, interim and summary reporting, and stewardship. The Director also researches and submits proposals for government-funded projects as appropriate.
- Develops and implements short and long-term strategies for initiating and developing beneficial relationships with foundations and corporations. These include developing lists of prospective funders, working with senior members of the College's academic and administrative staff to identify key priorities for funding, and seeking a good fit between potential funders and College needs. Maintains professional contacts with important funders and stays current with corporate and foundation funding trends.
- Meets regularly with executive leadership and maintains close ties with faculty in order to fully understand College needs and present the best case for support. Stays current with local and national research and thinking on topics and issues relevant to higher education. Initiates strategy discussions on foundation and corporate prospects at regular intervals with executive staff.
- Develop, coordinate, edit, and write grant proposals to successfully solicit leadership gifts, including six- and seven-figure grants.
- Organizes visits with foundation and corporate funders to develop the case for support of the College. Makes independent visits as well as accompanies President, Provost, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, executive staff and faculty.
- Ensures annual stewardship reports to foundations for institutional grants are prepared and filed on time.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in grant writing.
- Demonstrated skills at identifying large foundation-based grants.
- Strong donor-focused fundraising skills and excellent analytic capabilities.
- Capital Campaign Experience preferred.
- Knowledge of BlackBaud Raisers Edge a plus.
- Must be willing to travel to visit with prospects and to attend important events, on campus and off.
- Night and weekends as necessary
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Patrick Mooney, Director of Major Gifts
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
Patrick.email@example.com with the subject line "Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.