Position: Campus Facilities Manager
Department: Campus Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Purpose: Assist and support Director of Campus Facilities in all facets of facility administration
- Work with the Facility Director to oversee the delivery of maintenance, repair, custodial and other building services.
- Support the Facility Director in the implementation of short and long-term projects.
- Enforce all company policies and training requirements regarding safety.
- Monitor Work Order performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- As directed, supervises crafts professionals in a wide range of specialties and expertise.
- Inspects physical facilities, equipment, and operating procedures.
- Oversee purchase and procurement of supplies and materials.
- Maintain logs and records.
- Oversee daily custodial, maintenance, grounds and engineering operations, scheduling and staffing.
- Manage the day to day operations in the absence of the Director.
- Maintenance of fleet vehicles, scheduling and coordinating repairs, working with purchasing department on lease renewals
- Maintain communications, via regularly scheduled meetings, with other campus Directors
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this position at any time.
- Minimum of five years of facility management industry experience required. Bachelor's degree in Facility Management a plus.
Must have basic computer and mobile (Smartphone) skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Must be motivated and able to work without direct constant supervision.
- Excellent customer, computer, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively organize responsibilities to achieve portfolio goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of building systems and technical skills (mechanical and electrical systems).
- Knowledge of city agencies and code compliance.
- Knowledge of Custodial products and procedures.
Knowledge of the construction industry.
- Knowledge of facilities HVAC, electrical, plumbing and grounds best practices
Valid Driver License
- FDNY certificates preferred
Salary: Commensurate with qualification and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Campus Facilities Manager"
Heather Gray, Administrative Assistant Campus Operations
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
No phone calls please.
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Wagner College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wagner College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.