Department: Center for Health and Wellness Department
Employment Status: Part time (4 hours per week, 9 month position)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Organizational Relationship: Division of Campus Life; reports directly to Director, Dr. Sharon Kiuhara
JOB PURPOSE: Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team composed of nurses, nurse practitioners, psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, psychologist, and counselor to provide holistic and comprehensive counseling services to students. The Center’s staff is dedicated to assisting students in their pursuit of personal and academic growth, to helping students gain a better understanding and appreciation of themselves, support students as they make important decisions about their lives and assist the Assistant Dean in administrative, educational and clinical management.
• Provide individual counseling to students, and families and groups as needed.
• Provide crisis intervention to students as needed.
• Provide referrals to appropriate resources in the local community.
• Facilitate referrals for students to providers in their home community for continuity of care.
• Maintain clinical records.
• Support strategic directions of the college and serve the Wagner College Community.
• Maintain a list of local community resources.
• Assist Director of Counseling and Assistant Dean in continuous improvement of quality of care, and developing policies and procedures.
• Consult with other college counseling services for best practice and to improve services.
• Collaborate with staff counselors, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners in the delivery of services.
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Work Experience:
- Two years counseling experience
- Clinical Social Worker at experience at emergency program clinical.
- MSW – Clinical Focus
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Desired Work Traits: Self-initiating, self-motivated, works well independently and as part of a team, excellent assessment and clinical skills.
- Computer Skills:
• Microsoft Office, Google calendar, PyraMed Electronic Medical Record
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills:
• Effective communicator and active listener
• Open to diverse opinions
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Team player, emphatic
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Kathleen Oberfeldt DNP, FNP, Assistant Dean Center for Health and Wellness
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
email@example.com with the subject line "Counselor"
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.