POSITION: Graduate Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Physician Assistant Program
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-Time (16 hours week with the PA Program and 8 hours week for Clinical Practice/Research)
FLSA Status: Exempt
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to PA Program Director
PURPOSE: Coordinates the Graduate Phase (Professional Year III) of the PA Program, provides instruction, and analyzes student performance and overall program outcomes for the Graduate Phase.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Graduate Phase of the PA Program.
- Schedules required, elective, and clerkship supervised clinical experiences, coordinating the distribution of students for appropriateness of clinical experiences.
- Prepares syllabi and learning objectives for all courses in the Graduate Phase of the Program
- Prepares and/or reviews exams, collaborating with faculty in test construction and item analysis.
- Provides analysis of supervised clinical practice experiences for appropriateness of settings, patient encounters, clinical skills, diagnoses, and competencies.
- Responsible for workload equivalent of one course per semester.
- Monitors student progress, meets with students, and assures appropriate intervention, when required.
- Analyzes graduate curriculum outcomes for review at committee meetings and by the Program Director.
- Provides analysis of student evaluations of rotations and preceptors for review at committee meeting and by Program Director.
- Participates in student advising and clinical site visits, as assigned.
- Actively participating in the remediation process of students, when required.
- Serves as an advisor for a research group.
- Attends and participates in PA committee meetings, program activities and campus events.
- Serves as a Chair of a Committee, developing agenda, preparing minutes, and outcome reports.
- Contributes to ongoing self-study process and formal report to ARC-PA.
- Serves as faculty leader for experiential service leading events (EX: Medical Education/Mission Trips) .
- Attends professional conferences, representing the PA Program and the College.
Work Experience: - Minimum 5 years clinical experience
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience
Education: - Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH)
Certification: NCCPA Certification (AZ.06)
Licenses: New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
Special Considerations: 1 day a week dedicated to clinical Practice or Research. Available weekends for campus events (EX: Campus Visit Days) Available evenings for program events (EX: Research Forums)
Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years clinical experience
Education: Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited PA Program; Masters degree (MS, MPA, MPH)
Certification: Current NCCPA Certification
Licensure: Current New York State Licensed
Special Considerations: 1 day a week dedicated to Clinical Practice or Research. Available weekends for campus events (EX: Campus Visit Days) Available evenings for program events (EX: Research Forums)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To apply, please direct letters of interest and resumes to:
Gail Kunath-Tiburzi, MPA, PA-C
One Campus Road
Staten Island, NY 10301
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Graduate Coordinator "
No phone calls please. The review of applications will begin immediately.